What is Moderation?
Moderation is used to ensure that the CarBuyingAdvisor website is an objective and safe space for everyone.
Moderation is not intended to censor or supress any reviews but reviews must comply with some basic rules to protect the site from abuse. We want to ensure that everyone is happy to submit a review and read other people’s reviews
How our Moderation works
Reviews on the CarBuyingAdvisor website will be pre-moderated. ‘Pre-moderation’ means that the reviews will be checked by a moderator before being approved for public viewing. Reviews will not be published instantly.
Our team will always aim to moderate reviews added within a 24 hour period.
If the review that you have submitted to the site does not appear on the site or it is removed it means that our team felt that the review does not comply with the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Where possible we will contact you to explain why your review did not fit with the guidelines, with suggestions of how the content could be re-phrased so that a resubmitted review can be approved.
Our team may sometimes edit content before it appears on this site. We will only do this to make reviews more understandable, or when a simple change will result in compliance with our Terms and Conditions of use.
When submitting a review on the site, please ensure that your comments:
- are respectful of others
- do not include any sort of profanity
- do not incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or other characteristics
- do not reveal personal details such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses
- do not break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise and easy to understand
- are in English
- are relevant